Wednesday 19 January 2011

local weather

I find talk of the weather when living in England is essential but tedious! As a nation we insist on making small talk and the weather is a necessity, so here goes;
it's been surprisingly sunny this week. The unexpected break in the weather has injected a spring into my step and put a smile on my face. I hope it has done the same for everybody else!
So now we've covered the conversation starter, it's time to let you know what's been happening in the life of Lola Lo!
As I sit here watching colt classic Pulp Fiction, I have been looking back at my week and everything that's occurred and I must say, it has been eventful!
For reasons I shall refuse to divulge at the moment, I have been forced to return to using public transport and in the time I was away, tucked up cosily in my car, they have made very few (if any) improvements!
I have a fairly busy daytime schedule so have used my noodle and begun carrying a timetable in my handbag. I figured this would mean being on time and not missing trains etc. I would be wrong!
Recently National Express has taken to delaying trains in our area for no given reason for up to half an hour at a time. In my opinion, anyone claiming to be conducting a public service should be doing whatever is in the best interests of the public it's serving. Making them late for work is NOT in their best interests! I resent paying extortionate prices for the privilege of waiting in the cold for a train, only for it to turn up laden with half eaten take aways sprawled all over the seats and the carriages smelling of puke!
So I think it's time for them to sort out their service and get us commuters to work on time!
Thank you very much for reading :) All comments are greatly appriciated! x

No comments:

Post a Comment