Saturday 6 July 2013

Working hard or hardly working?

So since I last posted, I have had yet another career change - I am now training to be a veterinary nurse.
It's amazing and I experience and learn something new everyday but it is incredibly hard work!
Today at college we have been studying the digestive system and its a far cry from when I was doing my GCSE's six years ago.
I have never had my brain capacity tested to quite this extent - there is just so much information and terminology to get my head round.
Luckily I have a good bunch at college which makes the days go a little easier.

I find that I never wake up in the morning not wanting to go to work.
I don't want to get out of bed!
But it's not that I don't want to go to work.
I really do love my job.
It's fairly common for me to love my job after only six months; novelty normally wears off after about a year. But I have been at the same practice for approximately nineteen months and its still fantastic. Admittedly I did move department after ten months but so far, so good!

Many of my friends have said they envy me for finding a career I'm so passionate about at only twenty two but it really is so much more than a career - it's a lifestyle!
My contract states my standard week is thirty eight hours. Last week I did in fact work sixty seven hours.
Sometimes it's impossible to have a social life because all you want to do is sleep.
Fortunately I have a very understanding boyfriend who accepts my job isn't nine to five and is extremely patient if I don't get to leave on time.

There is nothing else in the world I can see myself doing.
It's not something you do for money, because quite frankly the pay is appalling!
This is something you do for love.

This is something I do for the sheer love of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment